Contrary to intent—the implementation of the Gun-Free School Zone Act has actually led to an increase in the mass murder of innocent American children.
This sign is not a warning. It’s an invitation and a green light rolled into one highly-visible, taxpayer-funded ‘All-Clear’ Signal for any lunatic with a gun. And those of you who promoted, supported and/or voted for this inconceivably bad idea called the Gun Free School Zone Act are the very ones that placed these children is harm’s way…
You’d think liberals would be tired of having ‘the blood of the innocent’ on their hands. But I digress.
The arguments in favor of Gun Free School Zones are childish and irrational, requiring one of the variables to be that ‘we all live on Fantasy Island.’
We have lunatics creating laws to protect us from lunatics.
These Gun Free School Zone signs need to be removed now. Shouldn’t these lunatics at least ‘wonder’ that there ‘might be’ weapons? The number of ‘high-profile school shootings’ have exploded since these ridiculous Gun-Free School Zones were implemented in 1990.
Looking back at the past century ‘prior’ to the implementation of the Gun Free School Zone Act of 1990, mass school shootings were actually significantly more rare. I could only find four (4) mass school shootings (1989, 1979, 1976, 1966), and there may very well be more, but certainly not enough to challenge today’s “Gun Free Zone” frequency, as the following ‘partial list’ indicates..
- December 14, 2012, Adam Peter Lanza, age 20, fatally shot twenty children and six adult staff members and wounded two at Sandy Hook Elementary School
- Feb. 27, 2012 T.J. Lane, 18, allegedly entered Chardon High School in Ohio with a .22 caliber handgun and a knife. He shot four students in the cafeteria and one in the hallway before walking out, leaving three dead.
- April 16, 2007, Virginia Tech senior Seung-Hui Cho unleashed a rampage on the college campus, shooting and killing 32 students, and wounding 17 more people. More than a year before the massacre, in December 2005, a district court in Montgomery County, Va., deemed Cho “mentally ill” and “an imminent danger to self and others.”
- Oct. 2, 2006, a gunman took about a dozen girls hostage, killing at least three of them, at a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County, police said. The shooter was among the dead when police arrived.
- March 21, 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise shot and killed five classmates, a teacher and an unarmed guard at a high school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation in Minnesota, where about 5,000 Native Americans live, before taking his own life. Weise had killed his grandfather and his grandfather’s companion before heading to school that day.
- April 20, 1999 -Columbine: These guys killed 12 of their classmates and a teacher, and injuring 21 more, before turning their firearms on themselves.
- Dec. 1, 1997 – three students were killed and five wounded at Heath High School in West Paducah, Ky. Michael Carneal, 14, and a freshman, later pleaded guilty but mentally ill to murder charges and is serving life in prison. He is eligible for parole in 2023.
- March 24, 1998 – two boys, ages 11 and 13, fired on their Jonesboro, Ark., middle school from nearby woods after pulling the fire alarm, killing four girls and a teacher, and wounding 10 others as they ran out.
- May 21, 1998 – two teenagers were killed and more than 20 people were hurt when 15-year-old Kip Kinkel opened fire at a Thurtson High School in Springfield, Ore., after killing his parents.
Even Lunatics are smart enough to select the path of least resistance… every time. This is not even debatable. And it is this specific commonality that led each of these lunatics to attack the same type of target— Gun Free School Zones.
So, how is posting an absurd ‘Gun Free Zone”‘ sign on our schools any different from posting a sign on your home or business that says, “We do not have a security system.”? [Actually, it’s much more reckless]
The president and his children are protected by guns. Congress is protected by guns. Many of the movie stars screaming for ‘gun control’ are protected by guns. Our money, our gold and our jewels are protected by guns.
Our children are NOT worth less…
And there is not one single justification for keeping these “lunatic bait’ signs in place… but we have millions of reasons to remove them immediately.
AND… as if we needed more evidence, the lunatic that killed the New York Firemen on Christmas Eve was already banned by multiple Gun Control Laws from owning or possessing a firearm—yet this fruitcake had a Smith & Wesson .38 revolver, a 12-gauge pump shotgun and a Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle.
Imagine that—a criminal broke the law. Each one of these occurrences represent ‘the fly in the liberal ointment.’ The fatal flaw. Criminals by definition don’t obey the law.
The notion that more ‘gun control laws’ would have prevented any of these atrocities is simply more Left-wing Political Propaganda that hold ‘intent’ above ‘achievement’ and ‘politics’ above the safety and security of our children.
And any parent that knowingly sends his or her child to a Gun-Free Zone school should not be a parent.
MUST SEE TV: Enjoy this video if you haven’t seen it. Luby’s Cafeteria Massacre survivor, Dr. Suzanna Hupp testifying to Congress in 1991 on why ‘good Americans’ obeying ‘bad gun laws’ leads to death and suffering. Suzanna saw her parents killed right before her eyes by a lunatic. This lady is extremely articulate as she schools the members of congress on the 2nd amendment. Very compelling.
My source for these school shootings is ABC News -“Mass School Shootings: A History”